1. There is less competition for homes by buyers because most people are busy with holiday shopping, cooking and celebrations.
2. Sellers who have their homes on the market during the holidays tend to be more motivated than springtime sellers so buyers can negotiate lower prices and better terms.
3. Interest rates are now at historic lows.
4. By the time mortgage interest tax deductions are calculated, it is usually less expensive to buy than rent, at the same time buying low to gain future appreciation.
5. Closing costs are tax deductible and closing by year end could lessen one’s tax burden.
6. Buyers can celebrate the holidays with family and friends in their new home.
7. Holiday work hours give buyers more opportunity to search for homes and schedule moves.