Contemporary Residence with its Own Private Mulholland Overlook
Located in one of the most desirable locations in the city, 8647 Edwin Drive offers a new resident unparalleled jetliner views of the entire San Fernando Valley. The 4BR/4.5BA residence is a contemporary masterpiece at the top of Laurel Canyon off of the famed Mulholland corridor. The current owners spared no expense in completely upgrading the home inside and out. The home is 4,162 sq.ft., with each bedroom en-suite.
Within the walls of this spacious home: Open-concept living room and kitchen with breathtaking north-facing views, towering ceilings allow for floor to ceiling glass doors in living room, beautiful granite and hardwood floors, butler’s pantry, and views out of master and separate bedroom with private balcony overlooking the beautiful saltwater pool, complete with waterfall, gas and solar heating, and spa.
All of the bells and whistles come with this home: Keyless entry for gate and doors into the house, 200-bottle wine cellar in garage and panic room. Both inside and outside speakers and video surveillance throughout the home. Smart Home technology, too: The home’s audio and video system, pool and spa, TVs and more are fully controllable with your tablet or phone.
The backyard is an entertainer’s paradise. Light the outdoor fire pit and stoke up the Viking grill to share dinner with friends in the exterior dining area as you watch the sunset and view the city lights, or soak in either the private master patio’s above ground Jacuzzi or below ground spa. Pick from your own orchard of 25 produce trees which line the grounds below the back patio; including lemon, lime, grapefruit, orange, pomegranate, avocado, pear, apple, guava, plum and mango!
All of the city’s offerings are close by—as well as the highly-desirable Wonderland School.
- Generously-sized rooms with an open floor plan
- Unobstructed views
- Heated saltwater pool and two spas
- Outdoor kitchen and fire pit
- House controllable with smartphone or tablet
- Speakers and surveillance throughout
- Screening room or recording studio option
- Private gate and keyless entry
- Butler’s panty
- Panic room in master closet
- 25 different fruit trees
- Maximum privacy
- Plenty of off-street and on-street parking
- Sought after Laurel Hills location
Schools for this property (according to LAUSD.net):
- Elementary: WONDERLAND
- Middle: HUBERT HOWE BANCROFT
- High: FAIRFAX
Area highlights on the Sunset Blvd. side:
- Laurel Canyon Country Store (which delivers)
- Chateau Marmont
- Soho house
- Cafe Med
- Church Key
- Tocaya Organica
- Crunch gym
- Sunset Plaza (food, shops, yoga, massage, Equinox gym)
- Sunset Five Movie Theater
- 8500 Sunset, which features the James Hotel, new restaurants, and Fred Segal
Area highlights on the Ventura Blvd. side:
- Trader Joe’s and Von’s
- Gyms, yoga and pilates studios
- Restaurants include Joan’s on 3rd, Mexicali Cantina, Laurel Point, Firefly, Katsuya, Tuning Fork, and Laurel Tavern
- Weekly (Sunday) Studio City Farmer’s Market